Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gold-tinted Sunset

 I'm free! I had meant to post this yesterday, but circumstances kept me away from the computer. School is officially over and it still hasn't hit me that I am a junior now. I repeat it to myself over and over. I have had a hard time winding down for summer - I am constantly in a state of alert and hypertension, awaiting the next mega project or huge test to fall on my lap. But I am free! No projects or papers due tomorrow! It's a frightening feeling.

Yesterday I didn't have to come to school because I didn't have any exams, so I met some friends at Starbucks at 9 and then when everyone was finished with exams, we took a jaunt to the Mall to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 4. I LOVED it! I think that after the 1st Pirates movie, it is by far the best. I am secretly glad they got rid of Will and Elizabeth - their relationship has already been milked for all its' worth. All my favorite characters came back (Gibbs <3) and I adore the new Philip x Syrena the mermaid pairing. The actors were both gorgeous - I think I am developing a crush on Sam Claflin. It's so nice to see a fresh, attractive face on screen once in a while.

Just one thing keeps bugging me, at the end of the movie, when Syrena said she could save the dying Philip and then kissed him and took him underwater, what happened after? Did he turn into a merman? I would love to know what happened to my favorite pairing. And, of course, Johnny Depp was magnificent.

A few photos from that day - and behold! The fabled Paris shirt! Brought straight from United Colors of Benetton in Paris just for me! My dad's boss bought it for me as a thank you for not telling his wife that he was planning a surprise 5-day trip to Paris for their 30th (I think) anniversary. They didn't buy anything for anyone else, but I got something! <3 The shirt ended up being a M and too big. So I begged my mom to sew up the sides a bit which made it fit slightly better. And here it is!

Here we are at some interior decoration store. It was SOOO gorgeous and soooo expensive.


There were these adorable birds on a really cool beige cage, so we decided to have an impromptu fashion shoot.
Faith, my darling Afrocentric (self dubbed, btw) friend and also the main photographer.
Jacket - Express
Beige shorts - Macy's
Eiffel Tower top - United Colors of Benetton in PARIS <3 (All Russian people <3 UCB, or at least the ones I know do)
Sandals - Off Broadway
Necklace - Forever 21
Gold Earrings - Rachel Roy
Bag - Kathy van Zeeland

3 comments:

  1. i love your top!! great pictures!!
    http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I looove the jacket!! It's stunning!!:D

    Stop by some time:D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top! Cute birds :)


    My blog
    xoxo Michaela

    ReplyDelete