Monday, April 16, 2012

A Village by the Water

Like all my favorite photo shoots, this one was impromptu and natural. It felt divine to be at the lake on Easter Sunday (I am Orthodox, our Easter is a week later) right after a crazy night of Prom and party buses (photos to come later). I was feeling a little drained or maybe a little like a fairy woken up from a deep deep sleep and so my fancy fashion sense kind of went downhill.

But how could I resist? How could anyone resist this romantic and whimsical coral confection (that I happened to buy at Philly's H&M) or the equally amazing and soft peach cardigan(that I also got in Philly)?

I mean, who doesn't want to look like an Easter egg? Or a creamy concoction of...something.
Besides feeling like a fairy, I felt like a character in a neo-Victorian Gothic ghost story. The ones that happen in New England and involve girls in pretty dresses in gorgeous, if desolate rocky cliffs overlooking the ocean. Kinda like this :
And I almost forgot - 4 more days until my 17th birthday (henceforth dubbed the Sexy Seventeen because there is no way I'm letting Sweet Sixteen have it all)! Gosh I feel old already.

Dress - H&M
Cardigan - Nordstrom
Essie turquoise and caicos nail polish
Bare feet and whimsical attitude - Model's own
<3

1 comment:

  1. omg i like your style a lot! i am looking at your old posts :p

    ReplyDelete