Friday, May 20, 2011

Pixie

Counting down the days... The weather yo-yoed up to 85 degrees so I went with something simple and light. This dress is really old, but I haven't worn it in a while so I decided to revive it today. My efforts paid off - was serenaded with many "I love your dress!" and "Your earrings are cute!"

Right after school ends, I'm leaving for Governor's School for International Studies, this month-long program that's basically like school for 4 hours and fun stuff for the rest of that time. I get to earn college credit and the state of Tennessee pays for it all so it's a good deal. But I'll have to live with a roommate. ON MY OWN. With no one to make me pastries. My mother is an amazing cook but the thing in our family is that the "cooking talent" skips a generation. My great-grandma cooks really well, but both my grandmothers don't cook at all. My mother is an amazing cook, but I can't even cook stir fry without the fire department coming over (true story, will maybe recount later).

But back to the main point. When I realized I was going away FOR A MONTH and that I would have to sleep near a stranger - I feared for my immortal soul.

Because I do not have cute PJs. I sleep in boxer shorts and worn t-shirts - my sleep clothes are not cute at all! And I've realized my summer wardrobe needs to be reawakened. More dresses and maxi skirts and scarves! My goal is to float this summer, not walk.





And this is a close-up of my hairstyle. I have been absolutely in love with braids recently and I decided to put my pesky, overgrown bangs to good use!

Green dress - Macy's
Sandals - Off Broadway
Earrings and necklace - Ten Thousand Villages, gift
Bag - Kathy van Zeeland
Sunglasses - Tommy Hilfiger
(I also have green plaid short short underneath - for security :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment